We are looking to hire a Communications Coordinator.
This new part-time position (0.6 FTE) coordinates communications for the Canadian Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends and is accountable to CYM’s General Secretary-Treasurer.
Canadian Yearly Meeting (CYM) of the Religious Society of Friends is the formal name of the main organization of Quakers in Canada. Quakers are a faith group. CYM is made up of different meetings, groups, and committees. Quakers within the worship community do most of our work with CYM’s paid staff support.
Broadly speaking, the work includes:
- managing website content for Quaker.ca
- developing communications strategy and priorities, formalizing communications processes, and generating creative content ideas
- collaborating with a broad array of volunteers, CYM staff, contractors, and service providers
Experience we are seeking
The ideal candidate will have:
- two or more years of experience in a similar or related position; non-profit experience is an asset.
- a relevant degree or diploma (formal communications education or training is an asset)
- strong digital skills and ability to produce, edit, and/or manage communications content using various communications software
- proven skills in working both independently and as part of a team and in editing others’ work in a collaborative, supportive manner
- strong organizational abilities and time management skills and have no problem with tight deadlines, multi-tasking, and prioritizing workload
- a willingness to pitch in where needed to get the job done
Other important details
To view or print a more detailed job description, open the Job Description – CYM Communications Coordinator (PDF).
Location: Ottawa preferred, but we are willing to explore remote work with occasional travel for the right candidate.
Hours: 24 hours per week. While some availability during regular Eastern Time work hours will be necessary to collaborate with colleagues and some weekend and/or evening work may be required to collaborate with volunteers, work hours for this role are flexible.
Compensation: $55,000 annually, pro-rated to 0.6 FTE or 24 hours per week ($33,000 annually). CYM offers health benefits and RRSP contributions.
How to Apply & Deadline
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to before 9 am December 16, 2022. While we thank those who apply for their interest, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.