Welcome to the Help area for Canadian Yearly Meeting in Session. You may find what you need on this page, otherwise for general support and enquiries, please contact the Canadian Yearly Meeting in Session team and we will try to help
In these pages you will be able to find information for a range of enquiries and support.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Location of documents – Look first within the CYM Minutes, then inside individual events in the CYM2022 Planner (e.g. for handouts for an event)
- Memorial Minutes and State of Society Reports are found within CYM Reports for 2022.
- Registration – Early registration has been simplified this year. If you are registered you will be contacted nearer to CYM to supply details of your preferences.
- General Registration and Children and Youth Registration are open here
- Pre-CYM Retreat Registration will open later
- Children and Youth – A parent or guardian must attend the Sunday orientation (children welcome) for participation in the Under 18 programming
- CYM2022 Planner – (available now) You can login with the invitation email, or just go there and use your google account, or request a password reset from the login screen.
- This short video (5 mins) will give you a sense of how it works
- Event details will be added soon
- Zoom links for sessions will become visible a few minutes before the appointed time (they will be distributed ahead of this to presenters and facilitators). This is a part of the CYM Planner, and allows us to more efficiently move from session to session
- Your Profile – Please put some information and a picture into your profile. If you have attended other similar events, your profile may have been carried over, so check it is appropriate/what you wish to say for CYM2022.
When saving your profile, please use the green save button, not one of the deletion buttons, unless you have decided not to attend.
- Age – Some events are for Young Friends (12 and under), Young Adult Friends (generally 13-35) and access is therefore more restricted. Registrants will receive details by email.
For Under 18 Friends, you should bring (or be brought) to the mandatory orientation on Sunday
- Zoom – Many Friends are now familiar with Zoom. Some suggestions:
- Please keep your video turned on (to help us into community)
- Please keep yourself muted
- When speaking (unmuted) please speak slowly and clearly so that you may be heard by all present
- Please be aware that some Friends are using phones and may need more time to navigate (See Zoom support on using phones to join meetings.)
- If you find transcription (closed captions) helpful, please request it be turned on
- Recordings – [update] There will be no session recordings this year, for a variety of reasons including participant privacy, and the nature and content of the events.
- Technical Support – make sure to come to the first event on Sunday!
- Pastoral Care help – e.g. Listeners – contact initially through the helpdesk (at bottom) – Please do not put any confidential information into the initial request, which will be passed along to the responding team.
- Safeguarding help – keeping children and other vulnerable people safe – there is a lengthy manual, and all program and technical support team helping with the children’s events have been carefully selected
- Accessibility support
- On the registration form (or any other google form), if the reCaptcha image defeats you, this link from google might help – https://support.google.com/recaptcha/?hl=en
- Often someone you know may be able to assist
- If your needs are still not being met, please ask via the email or form below – we’ll try!
We will be updating our help and support pages regularly as the event draws closer, and we learn from experience. Thank you for your patience.
For general support and enquiries, please contact the Canadian Yearly Meeting team by: