Application Process for being a Delegate to the Countering the Militarisation of Youth Conference
Darmstadt, Germany June 8-10, 2012
If you are interested and concerned about Youth and Militarism, you may want to consider applying to be a Quaker delegate to the War Resisters International: Countering the Militarisation of Youth Conference. First, have a look at the attached brochure about the conference. If this seems like a calling for you, you may want to talk it over with friends, other Quaker youth, and members of your Meeting who may be interested in these issues. Feel free to write to or call Roger Davies, coordinator of the project, at 902- 457-4351.
The chosen delegates will be asked to help fundraise; however, full funding is not contingent on the delegates fundraising efforts.
We believe this opportunity will appeal most to youth who are well prepared to engage with the issue of youth and militarism. Two youth with a social justice background and a demonstrated interest in learning, sharing, and working for social change will be selected by the Halifax Friends Meeting PSAC Committee. We will contact the short list of applicants for a phone interview.
If you would like to apply, please send this contact information and your personal responses to Roger Davies or 33 Dakin Drive, Halifax, NS B3M 2C9 Please respond by April 30, 2012
- Your name, age, contact info (email address, mailing address, and phone number)
- Meeting or Worship Group affiliation
- Involvement with Quaker Youth
- Please share what sorts of social justice concerns and actions you have been involved with.
- In what ways is Youth and Militarism an issue for you?
- Please share ideas about possible ways to share and act on your conference experience.
- Please let us know who we could contact about your Quaker involvement and commitment to social justice. Please contact the individual first before providing us with the contact’s name and email address.