Please Respond- Request from Communications and Publications subcommittee!!!
The process of seeking input for CYM’s Communications Plan –which does include an expanded website– continues.
The following queries were given to Representative Meeting and are being considered in meetings. Would you please circulate them also among YF’s and YAF’s, and we trust that some will send responses. If the group as a whole would respond, we would particularly be happy.
In addition, I wonder:
- How DO YF’s actually communicate when they need to get in touch with the group as a whole?
- How would you use a Facebook presence and a Twitter presence on CYM’s website?
- 1. How can we use electronic communications technologies to build new kinds of connections between Friends and Meetings across the country? How can we create communities of interest as well as geographic communities? How can we reach out to isolated Friends using these tools?
2. How do our concerns about environmental sustainability and cost containment inform our decisions around virtual communication and committee work?
- How do we separate concerns about avoiding possible negative outcomes, from the exploration of new positive actions that only can happen if these new technologies are implemented?
6. How do we meld together sufficient infrastructure (hardware, software, distribution, publication) ? How do we provide training that is effective, reliable, secure, sustainable, affordable? How do we protect ourselves from intrusive unFriendly surveillance at the same time as being open to enquirers? Do we want to give CYM an effective, recognizable logo and have a consistent naming and archival system for emails, web sites, stationary, etc.?
RESPONSES TO THE COMMITTEE AND TO CHRIS BARFITT