The Archives continues to actively collect materials related to Quaker activity in Canada, historically and in the present. We invite individuals and Quaker bodies to deposit materials with us.
WHAT CAN I DEPOSIT?
- Genealogical records or manuscripts
- Letters, diaries, notebooks, certificates
- Canadian Quaker biographies
- Oral and/or transcribed histories with photographs
- Publications by and about Canadian Friends (fiction or non-fiction)
- Music tapes, CDs, scores
- Artistic creations by Friends (may be photographed for Archives)
Regardless of subject, we accept publications and creations that reflect Canadian Quakers today.
WHAT CAN WE DEPOSIT?
(Groups – Monthly Meetings, Gatherings, and Committees of Canadian Yearly Meeting)
- Minutes and collateral materials
- Publications from CYM, its Monthly Meetings and Committees
- Membership records including births, deaths, and marriages
- Meeting histories
- Meeting place photographs
- Photographs of events with names, places, and dates
- Cemetery records
CURRENT MONTHLY MINUTES
Current Monthly Meeting and Committee minutes may be sent electronically to . Our holdings are listed on our website, as is the library catalogue. These are updated annually.
If you wish to send hard copies, acid-free paper should be used. Remember to make one copy for the Clerk of the Meeting/Committee and one copy for CYM Archives.
NOTE: When Clerks change, it is an excellent opportunity to go over minutes and collateral material, and then forward non-active files to the Archives.
SUPPORTING YOUR ARCHIVES
We appreciate receiving historical and contemporary books. Please check our catalogue to avoid duplication.
Financial contributions to support our work are also welcome.
If in doubt, please feel free to contact the CYM Archivist for clarification.