Friends were invited to respond, over the weekend, to some queries posted in the dining room. Here are the responses:
1. How would you describe your Quaker Community?
- A safe place to practice being who I want to be
- Sometimes frustrating
- Deeply connected
- My spiritual home
2. How do you experience the responsibilities of Membership?
- Affirming, exciting, satisfying to be of service, to build together
- Learning to withhold judgement and comment
- Feeling that I am contributing
- An active community
- 20 hour work weeks
3. What does it mean to you to belong?
- Being fully human
- Hard work
- Engenders gratitude
- Having meaningful relationships with others in the group
- not being alone
4. What’s it like to be part of this combined Half Yearly Meeting?
- Renews connections
- Happy to see so many F/friends I love
- Loud, but wonderful
- I love seeing all ya and heck PHY can sing!!!
- Absolutely topping! Let’s do it again! And again!…